Friday, December 31, 2010

I decided it was time to stop the christmas madness so we're moving on to other colors. This is a Mothers Day Card that I made. Yes I know, I'm jumping the gun but the mood struck me, as did the colors of this gorgeous image I pulled from the computer of a mother and daughter. The card is set up like an envelope. You open it from the top where all the flowers and ribbon are. The vine flowers are a line from Prima and just as beautiful in real life as they are on the card. I also added lace over top of my ribbon to bring out another dimension to the card and more softness. The paper is from WRMemories Merry January. Now lets open the card.
 This is what the card looks like once you open it. I used the same image on the inside just cause I like it so well. The dove is a cutout from my cricut. I was just playing around one day with the cricut and came acrossed it so I decided to use it here. Mainly just cause I love birds and try to fit them in wherever possible. Once again I just have to say how much I love this paper collection.
 Now this cards paper is from the same collection with the beige background instead of the deep brown. It still has the blues in it that I just love. But I used this paper to make a Valentine Card. Not exactly your traditional colors but who says it has to be red. I used the same flowers because it works so well. I just love the image of the children sneaking a kiss. It's so adorable. The card opens in the center so the image is keeping it shut.
This is the card opened. I'll most likely add a little note on the inside when I'm ready to use it,, or the person that I pass this card on too can do the same. These were fun to make and I'm looking forward to doing more projects in these springy colors.

1 comment:

  1. These are so pretty!! You really are the queen of cards!!

    ReplyDelete