Thursday, September 15, 2011


These are hanging frames that I worked on. The top one I kept for myself and the bottom one was sent off to a swap partner. I used lots of dusty attic chipboard pieces for these projects. The frame is actually a piece of canvas that I flipped over and used the back side of, added paper all around and gave it a shadow box look. Easy peacy. I love how these turned out. Especially the blue. It has such a beachy feel to it.                       
The top chipboard branch with the bird and the bird bath are both from Dusty Attic, I embossed, inked and colored these pieces to make them to my liking. The fence is a Martha Stewart punch from the Halloween collection. I just snipped off the bats so it has that wrought iron look to it. I love butterflies and flowers so of course we have lots of those.
Another beautiful chipboard piece here which I colored with a glitter pen. The birds are chippies from 3tailscrafts and once again the Martha Stewart punch was used.
 
This one I made for the swap. My partner likes the vintage look with the neutral tones and she loves ships so I gave her an old sea faring look. The top swirl piece is from Dusty Attic and the birds are from 3tailscraft. I used lots of lace and trim to finish off this piece. I did some fussy cutting on a map and added it to the bottom frame for that old world look.

2 comments: