Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bird Cages with bird album

I got this idea of altering a bird cage and making a bird album to place down into the cage from Martica. She has made so many beautifully altered cages. The first one is a bit more springy with all the yellows and also a bit more dramatic. The second one is in it's pink colors and a little simpler and not so overly decorated.





 This is a nest (below) that's made out of lots of rafia, It's been twisted and twine together to make a nest. The bird album sits down onto this nest.


The pink altered cage is a bit more simple and sweet and instead of a bird nest for the album to sit down into, I made a soft pillow to nestle the bird album in.





Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I had a lot of fun putting these nesting albums together and plan to sell them in my etsy shop and at a local craft fair.

4 comments:

  1. totally gorgeous work as always my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! love this idea, I really love birdcages, birdhouse and birds on branches etc and I think I might have to give these a go, they look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are just so beautiful!! love them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Deb they are both beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete